Monday, April 28, 2008

Spring has finally arrived.........hopefully

Did road intervals on Friday, Corner Canyon team group ride on Saturday and a pre-ride of 5-Mile OHV dust bowl Pass on Sunday. The 5 mile pass race is kinda funny. Everybody bitches about it but it always has the highest turnout of any race all season. I actually kinda like it. It has a little bit of everything except for long climbs and I'm OK with that. I rode it at a good pace on Sunday to see how my back would hold up and all was well. In the parking lot I did my pre ride stretch routine to an audience of 20 or so OHV'ers drinking beer. I'm sure they got a nice kick out of watching my tall skinny ass in spandex doing Yoga. Ran into Erika and chatted briefly before hitting the course. The only section where I felt even a slight twinge in my back was the last couple of steep, rocky, moon dusty climbs but they ended quick. I had the pleasure of following a couple Moto's down the wash. They passed me right before the wash entry and then rode at granny pace all the way down. Fun. Every year it seems like there are more and more OHV'ers around even as gas prices go up and up. How can anybody afford to drive a F-350 fifty miles to a trail head and then ride a 4-wheeler all day with $3.50 per gallon gas?

Sunday afternoon we got started on some yard projects and I had to mow the lawn for the first time this year. I'm very happy that the first thing we did after moving into this house last spring was tear out most of the yard. I took my neighbor over an hour to mow her yard yesterday but the 10' x 10' section of grass I have left takes me about five minutes to mow and edge.

2 comments:

StupidBike said...

chance of snow tomorrow night, tee hee.

Andy H. said...

I'll forgive mother nature for the snow if we can get some rain before saturday.