Friday, May 30, 2008

Gimme a break


OK this has just gotten ridiculous. Yes that is snow in the picture and it is the end of May for crying out loud. I got off of work a little early yesterday thinking I could get a few things done. I pulled up to my house around 2pm and saw the white nonsense on the ground. I hit the clicker to open my garage door and nothing. I figure the power is out so I hop out of the car and head through the front door. As I open the door I hear the doorbell ringing, and ringing, and ringing, nonstop. I walk through the kitchen into the hallway to yank the doorbell off the wall to shut it up when I notice a puddle of water on the kitchen floor by the garage door. Now I'm just confused. After a couple hours of investigation I realized the little AM storm yesterday hit our neighborhood particularly hard. The wind was blowing horizontal right at my doorbell so it got water in it causing it to ring incessantly. The massive amount of precipitation we received leaked through the garage roof and on the garage door opener which killed the radio receiver for the opener. The garage roof also leaked right by the kitchen door letting water into the kitchen. Oh, and most of the plants we planted a couple weekends ago were destroyed by the snow/rain/hail mix. Oh, the joys of home ownership.

1 comment:

StupidBike said...

see, just proof of my yardwork schmardwork philosophy.