Monday, March 10, 2008

Back to the Grind

Back to work today after my 10 days off riding in Dixie. I had one final misshap during my road ride on Sunday. Blew a sidewall on my rear tire and needed to use the dollar bill trick to boot it so I could get back home. It was a great trip and I gained a lot of useful info to prepare me for race season. The most important thing I need to work on is my core strength. Any time I put out any kind of real extended effort my back starts to tighten which forces me to reduce my pedaling output long before my legs or lungs give out. I had this problem to a limited extent last year but it is far worse this year. I believe that my weight training this winter created a muscle imbalance between my legs and core and that the added power in my pedal stroke is overloading my core strength. I have a month till Cholla so I'm going to increse my core training quite a bit to try to rectify the problem.

No comments: