Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Weekend Update

Thursday night I ate it pretty bad at Dr. X's Sugarhouse clinic. I was descending a fast grassy slope chatting with J Dub and next thing I know I'm landing full on my left shoulder. I was barely able to limp home riding one handed and immediately hit the ice and vitamin I. Friday California Bob was in town and we had plans to ride Super Crest. Not wanting to bag out on plans made months in advance I sacked up and did the ride. It hurt like hell at times and I walked a couple sections that I would have needed both arms to clean but this time of the year you can't let a minor thing like a sprained shoulder keep you away from that ride. Saturday we spent most of the day at a BBQ relaxing and Sunday I planted 150 bulbs in the front yard one handed. Over the weekend my shoulder seemed to be healing pretty fast but over the last couple of days the healing has plateaued. I cant lift much with that arm and carrying a bike is out of the question so on the official injury report for Draper's CX race I'm listing myself as questionable. We'll see how the rest of the week goes.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

That was a pretty bad crash. I don't think there was any way to come out of that not hurting. Heal up.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm, you're getting old you know. You gotta watch that sort of stuff! Next week, gathering at my house after the race.

Andy H. said...

Getting old? I've been old. Maybe not in years but definatly in mentality.

Wouldn't miss a TC shindig for nothin'.