Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring Smoke


Thigh deep on the upside of the skin track

Riding your bike to go skiing is too hardcore for me


Saturday was insane. Bottomless light fluffy pow unlike I've ever seen in April. Rhonda had an AM shindig and most people I knew were racing bikes in one form or another so I flew solo. I started around 10am and toured Mill D for four hours until the temps started to rise and the snow got heavy. Everybody I ran into marveled at the crazy snow. The bad news is that the 12 feet of fresh in the last couple weeks will probably make for another shortened MTB season as we wait till July for the high elevation trails to melt out.
Sunday the sun came out and it warmed up nicely so Rhonda and I did a mellow 4 hr Suncrest road ride. Suprisingly enough there were not a lot of people out especially since it was the first nice day in almost two weeks.

1 comment:

KanyonKris said...

Even though I'm not a BC skier, I've been amazed by this excellent ski year. Glad you were able to partake of the bounty.