Thursday, June 5, 2008

Stinkin' Snowpack

The Solitude ICUP has been rescheduled for 4th of July weekend which is the only weekend this summer that I can't possibly make it. You can ask Steve Hales how happy I was with that development. It's not like I would have a chance of doing well at the race. The 2700 ft of climbing over the course of a 14 mile race puts a large individual (6'7" 183lbs) such as myself at a huge disadvantage to my decidedly smaller competition. The thing is I love is the challenge of doing things I'm not good at and I was really looking forward to getting killed riding up and down that mountain three times. Maybe I should do it as an individual time trial the weekend before the race just for giggles.

We hid from the rain and watched Juno on DVD last night which I must highly recommend. I was worried that the high expectations I had for the movie would be let down after all the hype I've been hearing. Happily the movie is the real deal. It was a wonderfully original story that didn't let you down by being predictable. The comedy was in just a large enough dose to keep the serious subject matter from becoming dreary. Go rent it..... Fer Shiz

7 comments:

UtRider said...

Yeah, we have a family event that Saturday with folks in from out of town so I won't be able to make the race either. At least we have the weekly Solitude series to fill the gap. I've never raced up there but have heard nothing but good things about the course.

KanyonKris said...

I'll pre-ride it with you. I like the course but I'm not so keen on racing it.

Andy H. said...

KK, a pre-race perhaps? The saturday before maybe? You're faster than me so that would be fun. Mark, you in?

UtRider said...

Sounds fun. To make it more interesting maybe we could buy the "winner" lunch at Brighton after the "race"! They have a good burger.

Andy H. said...

I like it.

Rhonda said...

I will be the winner and I don't eat burger ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I can't make the race either cause I'm in Europe. Oh yah, you heard it, EUROPE! The dollar should surpass the euro next week, right?