Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A continuation of a very interesting weekend.

My plan for Monday was to do a 60 min recovery ride and then to spend the afternoon helping Rhonda's mom around the house. Instead I woke up dizzy and nauseated from a stomach bug with very bad timing. Why does that crap always happen on vacation? I had the mother in law run to the store for some nausea meds which helped immensely. By late afternoon I was able to keep down Gatorade and some lite food. Went to bed feeling much better. Woke up this morning still feeling a little light headed but was determined to push on with my vacation. Ate and drank what I could and hit the saddle for a two hour endurance road ride with 20 mins of a pathetic tempo effort. Felt almost normal after the ride so all is not lost. I'm going to try to get out for a few hours tomorrow to see how things go.

No comments: