Thursday, January 24, 2008

New Stan's goodies

Good old Stan's Notubes has done it again. Are they the only ones really trying to do new things to make MTB's faster? You could aready build up a set of wheels through them that was stronger and a bit lighter than Crossmax SLR, now they can smoke the Crossmax's . The ZTR Race wheels are only 1210 grams complete which is almost a pound lighter than Crossmax SLR. A pound on a wheelset is a crazy big deal and they are a bit cheaper than Crossmax SLR to boot. These would be a must have for any serious racer. They also have a new road tubeless setup out that I think I might get. Any time I try to run less than 115 PSI in my rear tire I pinch flat. The problem is my bike corners much better at 110 PSI compared to the 120 that I run. I'm due for some new rubber anyway so I think this might be the way to go.

No comments: